PGP Desktop Security 9.8.0
- Category Apps
- Type PC Software
- Language English
- Total size 63.9 MB
- Uploaded By x
- Downloads 275
- Last checked 1 day ago
- Date uploaded 1 decade ago
- Seeders 0
- Leechers 0
Infohash : FFFE63614BDB4E37E8FBD38B23C004FD1AA14249
PGP Desktop Professional v9.8.0 - provides comprehensive security for individual desktops, making it possible for organizations to protect sensitive information for a single person without changing the existing IT infrastructure or disrupting work processes. This award-winning, easy-to-use solution encrypts email, files, virtual volumes, and entire disks from a single desktop application.
Together, these two components provide ironclad security for an individual's confidential information no matter where it is located—stored on a computer, at every point in transit through e-mail, or on a recipient's desktop.
PGP Desktop Professional 9.8.0 - includes support for PGPmail, PGPdisk, PGP Zip and the personal e-mail plugins — Eudora, ICQ, Outlook Express, and Outlook.
Six solutions to protect your identity and privacy: - PGP Whole Disk secures your entire system. - PGP Virtual Disk secures files, folders, USB drives, and CD's. - PGP Mail automatically encrypts and digitally signs your email and attach-ments. - PGP Secure Messenger protects your AOL IM sessions. - PGP Zip automatically compresses and encrypts messages, attachments, and files. - PGP Shred provides permanent and unreadable file deletion.
What's New in PGP Desktop for Windows Version 9.8
Building on PGP Corporation’s proven technology, PGP Desktop 9.8 for Windows includes numerous improvements and the following new and resolved features.
PGP Desktop General Features
* Additional platform support. PGP Desktop is now available for Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit and Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
* Feature deployment control. Administrators can now enforce policy by providing end users only with authorized client features, enabling or disabling client capabilities before distributing PGP client software to endusers. Disabled features are then unavailable in the PGP Desktop user interface.
* Intel AMT support. PGP Desktop supports Intel Active Management
Technology (AMT) Agent Presence on those computers with properly configured Intel AMT-equipped motherboards. PGP Desktop reports its current status via AMT to enable Enterprises to query configuration information even when a system is turned off.
* Updated key reconstruction user interface. The PGP Desktop Key Reconstruction user interface has been significantly improved in this release. Primary new features include the ability to select and customize a set of provided questions, a visually more appealing experience, and a new Assistant to help guide the user through the process.
* Local key reconstruction. Standalone installations of PGP Desktop support Local Key Reconstruction. The Key Reconstruction Assistant saves Key Reconstruction information in a file that can be used later to reconstruct the user key.
* PGP Log message filtering. The PGP Log feature of PGP Desktop now provides a menu option to filter local log messages by topic to facilitate troubleshooting (for example, displaying messages related only to Email, IM, NetShare, or WDE).
* Passphrase quality evaluation improvements. Passphrase quality evaluation has been significantly enhanced both visually and functionally in
PGP Whole Disk Encryption Features
* Advanced centralized event logging. PGP Universal now provides significantly expanded reporting on PGP Whole Disk Encryption usage on
client systems. This logging feature itemizes events such as which systems have been encrypted, the progress of encryption or decryption for an individual system, errors encountered during encryption, the status of recovery tokens, removable storage usage, and failed/successful login attempts. Administrators can set thresholds that raise alerts in PGP Universal on the PGP Daily Status Email or dashboard screen after a configured number of failed logins has been exceeded.
* Extended pre-boot smart card support. PGP Whole Disk Encryption has greatly expanded pre-boot authentication to a variety of smart cards.
* Customizable WDE BootGuard screens. Administrators in a PGP Universal-managed environment can configure the PGP Whole Disk Encryption boot screen to display the text and graphics of their choice.
* Group administration access tokens. PGP Whole Disk Encryption admin accounts can be added, allowing an administrator with a smart card key to override the BootGuard prompt. This key can be specified separately for each Internal User Policy. Using a single keypair copied to multiple smart cards (each with its own PIN), an organization can enable multiple administrators for each Policy.
* Domain administrator restart bypass. Windows System and Administrator account(s) may now engage a mode to bypass WDE authentication on the next restart by utilizing the privileges of the administration account to act as the authenticated user. This feature enables administrators to perform remote software installations requiring a restart of the target computer. Use of this feature is logged to the PGP Universal server.
* Partition encryption deployment. Administrators in a PGP Universal managed environment may now configure encryption of only the boot partition or only Windows partitions rather than always encrypting entire disks.
* PGP WDE Single Sign-On for Novell environments. The PGP WDE Single Sign-On (SSO) feature is now available for Windows systems running in Novell network environments.
* User Interface modifications for ADA compliance. As part of our expanding support for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
for accessible design, the PGP WDE BootGuard screen has been modified to provide audible feedback when the screen is ready for user input, when a user types in an incorrect password, and when a user types a correct password. This audio feedback is optional, configurable using PGP Universal for managed clients.
* Lenovo laptop Recovery button. PGP Whole Disk Encryption now provides complete support for the Lenovo Rescue and Recovery software (version 3.x and 4.x) including using the “Access IBM” blue button for boot-level recovery of the OS even when the disk (or partition) is encrypted.
* Microsoft Windows PE support. PGP Desktop provides administrators with the ability to create a Windows PE (Preinstallation Environment) boot disk containing a subset of PGP Whole Disk Encryption. This bootable disc can be used to perform a variety of management and recovery tasks.
* Trusted Platform Module (TPM) support for PGP WDE. PGP Desktop supports using the Trusted Platform Module as an additional authentication device for PGP Whole Disk Encryption if present on the motherboard and enabled via proper driver installation for your hardware. When use of the TPM is specified prior to encryption, the user can authenticate to the disk only on that particular machine, locking the disk to the machine hardware and thus deterring attacks such as hard disk theft. This feature works with passphrase users only and is compatible with the PGP WDE Single Sign-On feature.
PGP NetShare Features
* PGP NetShare per-folder administration. PGP NetShare administrative granularity has been extended to restrict administrator control to a perfolder level, thus limiting administrative access to exactly where it is needed.
* Whitelists and blacklists. Administrators can now centrally define PGP NetShare policy to protect files stored in specific directory locations, enforcing security policy without impacting user behavior. Conversely, administrators can also force specific directories to prevent encryption.
* Directory roles. There are now three roles for PGP NetShare-protected directories: Admin, with full rights over the directory; Group Admin, who
can add/remove users that are not Admins or Group Admins; and Users, who can only access content, and have no administration abilities.
* Centralized PGP NetShare logging. Centralized logging on PGP Universal provides visibility into the activity of PGP NetShare deployments to satisfy management and auditing requirements.
* PGP NetShare Command Line. Most PGP NetShare functions can now be scripted. This utility is documented in the PGP NetShare Command Line Programmer's Guide.
PGP Desktop Email Features
* MAPI support for PGP/MIME formatted messages. PGP Desktop now provides the ability to encrypt PGP/MIME messages in Outlook clients using MAPI. PGP/MIME decryption has also been significantly improved in this area.
􀂃 Microsoft CAPI integration. PGP Desktop supports the use of Microsoft Cryptographic Application Programming Interface (CAPI) credentials,
enabling the user to make use of existing X.509 certificates directly from the Microsoft operating system certificate store. PGP Universal administrators can specify automatic enrollment of such certificates as well.
* IMAP speed improvements. This release of PGP Desktop contains significant IMAP performance improvements. Users will experience quicker responses and shorter downloads, particularly when accessing large mailboxes, switching between folders, and checking for new messages.
* Out-of-the-mail-stream support. PGP Desktop and PGP Universal Satellite will selectively send email messages directly to the PGP Universal Server via a SOAP connection if required by policy, such that the server does not need to be in the mail stream to support Web Messenger or Smart Trailer functionality.
* Weak-cipher decryption. PGP products now decrypt S/MIME encoded messages encrypted with weak 40-bit RC2 encryption for backwards compatibility with older email clients. Additional warnings are added to messages decrypted using that algorithm. Note that PGP Desktop will not encrypt using weak ciphers.
Unpack and install the program.
Launch keypatcher and hit patch.
Generate your personal serial and authorization code (use regular chars, email doesn't matter).
!!Block network traffic, or disable your network connection (You have to do this or you will not be able to do a offline license Authorization)!!
Apply all info in the configuration assistant, enter the generated serial and choose 'Enter a License Authorization provided by PGP Customer Service', then enter the authorization code from keypatcher.
It's strongly advised to disable the autoupdate-feature in PGP options to avoid getting logged.
- PGP Desktop 9.8.0.rar (63.9 MB)
- tracked_by_h33t_com.txt (0.0 KB)